Friday, November 20, 2009

Love this Valley!

I've had to work at a local elementary school a few times lately, and I've had recess duty. Usually, I don't enjoy that much. I'm standing around in the cold, listening to tattle tales and children crying over nothing, not knowing what the rules are to enforce. This time, though, it wasn't so bad. Even though I was out for two 15-minute recesses and one 30-minute one, I never got too cold. I needed my coat and gloves, but it wasn't raining, and there wasn't a cold wind, so I never got an earache. (Tender mercy, there.) The sun was shining much of the time, and the landscape and skyscape were beautiful to see. (Tender mercy, there.) One day, I saw a large bird gliding in lazy circles above me, and something about the cut of its wings made me think it might have been an eagle. I watched it for a long time, trying to see if I could catch a glimpse of a white head, until it rose on updrafts to high to watch anymore. (Tender mercy, there.) The other day I worked there, the first recess was early enough that there were still no clouds in the sky. (They came later.) The sky was such a brilliant blue above the hills and snowcapped mountains that I could hardly take my eyes off it. (Tender mercy, there.) I love living in this valley!
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I could picture myself there! You have such a way with words...

    ReplyDelete